When you want to share access to your Google Analytics account, you should not share your username and password. The best way to go about sharing access to a new vendor — if it’s for web development, SEO, marketing, or anything else — is to add them as new users.
It’s super easy.
Here’s how Google Support explains how to add as many new users as needed to website owners. To add a new user to an account/property/view:
2. Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
3. In the Account, Property, or View column (depending upon whether you want to add users at the account, property, or view level), click User Management.
4. In the Account users list, click +, then click Add new users.
5. Enter the email address for the user’s Google Account.
6. Select the permissions you want. Learn more about permissions.
7. Click Save.
And that’s it!
Pro Tip: While you are in the user’s menu, take a look at what users are listed occasionally and remove any users that are no longer needed, especially for users with a lot of permissions.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask Valet.